What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based citation management and collaboration tool. It will allow you to organize, collect and manage your research.
- create your personal database of citations (w/the ability to attached the full-text article)
- export citations from databases and the Web
- generate in-text citations and bibliographies with ease
A Quick Start
The tabs across the top of the page will help you navigate between topics.
Getting Started using RefWorks
Take a look at this Quick Start Guide for RefWorks. It can be used as refresher to the layout and functions in RefWorks. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Triza Crittle, email@example.com.
Accessing RefWorks: Click here to access RefWorks.
- From the landing page for Howard University's RefWorks login page
Creating an Account: New users must first create an individual account to use RefWorks.
- From the landing page
- Click on Sign up for an Individual Account this is usually missed--it is slightly up and to the right of the text boxes
- Fill in all fields in the New User Information box
- Enter your Howard or HUH email address in the email Address field
- Click on Register
**Please NOTE: A confirmation email will be sent to you with your user login, password and the Group Access Code for off-campus access --Please Make Note of this.
Off Campus Access:
- Access using the link provided above
- RefWorks will recognize you are not on campus
- Your login will require 3 things, Group Access Code (remember--in an email), username and password
- Click to login